- Report directly to the CEO, establish annual fund development goals and fund development strategy.
- Perform research to determine foundation, corporate, and government prospects for funding our programs.
- Write and track grant and contract proposals and reports.
- Assist in stewarding funder relationships, including writing thank you letters.
- Contribute writing to the newsletter and other marketing materials.
- Communication: Able to write compelling, grammatical prose that communicates the logic and impact of AHH organization programs and that relates it to funders objectives.
- Analysis: Excellent analytical and research skills, including the ability to understand and interpret quantitative data about activities and outcomes and to prepare budgets for proposals.
- Project management: Able to prioritize tasks and submission deadlines, identify tasks that are in the critical path, and plan and execute the submission of proposals to government agencies.
- Technology: Proficient in Word and Excel, able to learn to use Salesforce to generate reports and to track opportunities, activities, deadlines and outcomes, and able to learn and use a variety of web-based grant submission platforms.
- Nonprofit Savvy: Understands the nonprofit sector and the funding of nonprofits by institutional funders including foundations, corporations, and government agencies.