Welcome to our scholarship page. Please take a moment to read before filling out the application. We provide a scholarship for those who are not able to pay for their education. Our scholarship covers the areas South Sudan, and Egypt, Cairo. Our scholarship covers from elementary to college/university.
Tomorrow's Hope Scholarship Submission Requirements
To successfully complete the TOMORROW’S HOPE Scholarship application process, please review the following submission requirements. An application will not be processed until all required documents have been received. It is ok to submit an application with an essay first and then the additional documents as they become available. See specific instructions below for NEW STUDENTS and RETURNING STUDENTS. Application, essay and supporting documents are DUE by October 25th 2020 for the fall term and February 28th for the spring term. These due dates do not apply to students in trade/vocational school. For questions, contact Jok Biong, Director of Educational Services, at (358) 465694447, or via email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. NEW STUDENTS Submissions must include:
- TOMORROW’S HOPE Scholarship Application for NEW STUDENTS ONLY
- Dependency Verification / Ward of the Court Letter provided by county of jurisdiction
- Financial Aid Award Summary (when available)
- Proof of Enrollment / Class Schedule indicating # of units enrolled (when available)
- Unofficial College Transcripts (*except first-time freshman) – must include previous term grades, units completed, term GPA, and cumulative GPA
- Essay: 2-5 pages, typed and double-spaced. Please title and include your name at the top. (see topics below)
Scholarship Essay Topics for New Students
Please discuss each of these topics to the best of your ability. We appreciate your honesty and completeness.
- Help us get to know you. What personal qualities make you a good candidate for TOMORROW’S HOPE Scholarship?
- Share any experience you have volunteering or serving others in your community.
- Are you ready to challenge yourself to become a successful student and independent adult? If so, how? ƒ Briefly describe your childhood and your experience in foster care (if applies to you). It is not necessary to give details about why you entered foster care but feel free to share what you’re comfortable sharing. Where did you grow up? Describe your placement(s) (e.g. foster home, group home, relative caregiver). How long were you in foster care and how many placements did you experience?
- What is your current living situation? Safe and stable housing? Roommates? What city and country do you live in?
- Describe your experience in school, your favorite classes and teachers, challenges and triumphs, sports, clubs, or other activities you’ve been involved in. What is your favorite memory of school?
- Describe your educational and career plans. Have you declared a major? Why did you choose your college/university? What is the salary range of the career you would like to pursue? Have you contacted a advisor/mentor to help you with your education and career plans?
- Describe your other financial resources (e.g. employment / wages, personal savings, financial aid, family contributions, grants or other scholarships, etc.). How much will these other resources contribute? Are you currently working or have had a job in the past?
- What are your top 3 goals for the future and how do you plan to achieve them?
- Do you have children? If so, describe your plan(s) for child care while you are in school.
- Tell us about your support system or supportive adults in your life.
- How else can Ayaks Helping Hands assist you in achieving your educational / career goals?
- Describe how receiving a scholarship will impact your life and your ability to succeed in college